Monday, January 23, 2012

Way Behind

So it's been nearly 7 weeks since my last post. I've had the best intentions of blogging so many things, but obviously, life just slipped away from us.

The first three weeks of Eli's life were quite possibly the most exhausting days I've experienced in a long time. It was the three weeks before Christmas, but for us, was filled with lots of sickness and trips to the hospital/doctor.

When Eli was 6 days old, he started having bad diarrhea, which ultimately caused him to get dehydrated. After a trip to Lebonheur Urgent Care, the doctor there decided Eli needed to be sent to the E.R at Lebonheur downtown via ambulance. So, that was my first, and hopefully my only, ambulance ride with one of my children. After we got downtown, they hooked him up to an IV, got plenty of fluids in him, and then he started feeling better.




About a day after that, I noticed my episiotomy wasn't healing, and was actually starting to hurt worse. By the time I realized how bad it was getting, it was the weekend, so I decided to wait until Monday to see a doctor. Well, Sunday night, I got a fever and was in so much pain, I could barely get off the couch. I had apparently gotten staph in the hospital. Luckily the antibiotic worked, and they didn't have to put me back in the hospital.

Since that day, Eli has had two colds, both of which caused small fevers that sent us back to the doctor. And one of those caused him to spend an hour and a half throwing up, which also sent us back to the doctor.

SO- needless to say, we're looking forward to a season of health around here. BUT- besides that, we've REALLY been enjoying getting to know our sweet baby boy.

1 comment:

ruth said...

poor baby Eli! i didn't realize you had been through all of that:) hope the rest of the winter is healthier for you all! that's so scary with a little baby!