Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nora's Birth Story

I will never forget the moment I met my daughter for the very first time. At first glance, I couldn't believe she was so beautiful, especially considering how hard her delivery was. She was just SO perfect.

The day she was born was filled with a lot of pain, but also lots of laughter, happy tears, and smiles. It was one of the most joyous days of my life.

I was SO grateful for my dear friend, April, who volunteered to photograph Nora's birth. Thanks to her, I will remember every detail of that day.

Thanks, April!!


 I took these from the hospital room the day Nora went home.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I literally just cried, felt like I was there.. she's so beautiful I can't wait to see her! I love you!

Unknown said...

Oh Liz. She is so beautiful. What a precious baby girl. I am so glad God gave her to you.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful...thanks for sharing. Dorothy

laurie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Liz - you & Nora! Thank you for sharing such a sacred experience with us. It sounds like it was a hard labor. I hope you are taking as much rest as you can & receiving lots of gentle support. (The doula in me can't resist urging you to do this!) ;) Do it though. For real.