Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Family

I have this dream that one day my husband is going to love photography as much as me, and he's going to become addicted and start studying it as much as I do. In my dream, we ultimately both quit our jobs and run our own business.

There are a couple of problems with my dream, however.

1. While Zach appreciates a good photograph, he gets very bored with things like ISO, Shutter Speed, and Aperture. He also is overwhelmed at the editing process and the all the things photoshop can do.

2. I'm pretty sure if aforementioned dream DID happen, we would probably drive each other nuts. We do pretty well to have our own time with our individuals passions. It makes us better for each other.

All that to say- he is one of the most creative people I know and is always up for learning new and random things.

Last night was the first night in weeks that I didn't have work or some sort of plans. It also happened to be one of the most gorgeous nights of the year, with beautiful light. So Zach and I decided to grab our cameras and our dogs and go for a walk. My goal was to get a picture or two of each of us with our dogs (something that is not easily done). Bear never did cooperate with me, so as always- I ended up with a few sweet pictures of me and my baby... When I got home and looked at the pictures- I was OVERWHELMED by my husband's skills. Maybe there is hope for my dream after all?




Zach is always able to get the dogs to cooperate. I don't know how he does it.

Zach snagged this picture during our walk. I was so impressed with it (the light, the exposure), I've actually updated my website with it.

Thanks for such a great night, sweetie!

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok. Number one. It makes me sick that you are THAT beautiful without even trying. Number two. Zach is a total pro behind the camera. Number three. I would give my right arm and half of my left for Jersey to be that chill and not run off into the sunset!!

Sharaze Colley said...

These really are beautiful photos and I smiled through the whole post...you guys are such a sweet couple.

Lyryn said...

What a dream! I would love it if my hubby was into photography too. Looks like he did a good job with the camera!
BTW - Love your work and love your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that (1) Bryant is trying to eat your face or (2) you are trying to smell his breath and apparently liking it!

Brooke said...

That picture of you with the dog could be a magazine ad! Very nice.

laurie said...

I know how Zach gets the dogs to "cooperate"... It looks like he has them both (especially Bear with his tongue hanging 10 feet out of his mouth) in a headlock. That's a freaking hilarious picture! I wish we could get Bear, Bryant, and Pal together so they could all spaz out at once - preferably somewhere outdoors. :)

Gabby said...

wow!! You have taught him well!!! LOVE all of them!!! It does look like he has them in headlocks!!! Hilarious!!!I also agree with Jennifer about the whole being gorgeous thing without even trying!!! UGH!!! :)

Dan and Tami said...

Very nice. Zach was doing really well with the camera while you guys were here, as well. I think he could get it.

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Great pictures, Zach!!! It does help that you are a beautiful subject, Elizabeth!

Unknown said...

You are so pretty. I mean RIDICULOUSLY beautiful. Wow. : ). His pictures are perfect. Sweet as can be!

Anne-Camille Collins said...

GO ZACH!!!!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY... AWESOME PICS!!!

LUCKY YOU LIZ!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

You're right - he done good!!!!!!!!!