Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Random Things

It's been FOREVER since I've updated, for a LOT of reasons... mainly busyness. So, here's a very brief and organized update.

1. I'm privileged enough to get to have a three hour road trip this weekend with the most beautiful little girl in the entire world. Syd's coming into town and for the first time ever, the two of us will get some one-on-one girl time in the car when I go pick her up. No doubt, a cherished time.

2. I shot my first three weddings in the past two weeks, one of which was my grandmother's. The third was the night of Memphis's big storm. We lost power all night at the ceremony and reception, and it never returned.

3. I received a letter from the TN Dept. of Safety this week warning me about my number of "points" on my driving record. Apparently, I can't get too many more.

4. I'm now working part-time for my salary job, and working full time as a photographer. My last day at my salary job will be October 30.

5. My sister-in-law will find out tomorrow whether or not she's having a boy or girl. One of my best friends, Katie, found out today the sex of her baby- but she's being stubborn and won't tell me until tomorrow. It's KILLING ME!

6. I've fallen in love lately with taking naps. 2-3 hour naps. I try to take them at least 2-3 times a week.

7. Sydney and I are throwing Zach a birthday party this weekend at my parent's house. It's a swimming party/cookout... SO excited.

8. I've developed a crush on zuchinni... grilled zuchinni, brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper, to be exact. SO GOOD this summer!

9. I hate Memphis's humidity in the summer, but I'm LOVING the thunderstorms and cool breeze that follows.

Overall, there's not too much to report right now. A LOT of big changes in our life, trying to figure out what the future looks like professionally, personally, and spiritually. I'm really focusing on simplifying and worshipping. I've really been convicted lately about my "busy body personality."

I'm sure I'll have pictures to post from this weekend.

9 comments:

Katie Cordell said...

You crack me up! I must be such a BRAT! It's nothing personal....just didn't want to have to make too many phone calls today, it's more fun to tell everyone together....not that is that huge of a deal. you're going to love my baby regardless of what sex it is right?

Melissa said...

Mmmmm, let's grill out and have some zucchini. That sounds delicious!

Sara said...

So glad you updated! I am VERY jealous that you get naps! I am lucky if I get one on Sunday afternoon! ha! Have fun this weekend!!!

Fred said...

Isn't there another random thing you neglected to mention?

Unknown said...

Falling in love with naps! Now that is a wonderful thing to fall in love with : ). Hope your weekend car ride is wonderful : )
I am so happy for you about your photography career. You have worked really hard! Way to go!

angier said...

Ha! You're dad cracks me up! I have recently fallen in love with afternoon naps and also zuccinni. No offense but I hope that is the extent of our similarities right now. ;)

angier said...

Duh, I said your dad. I meant your brother. Sorry, I've spent the whole week with my kids, my sister and all of her kids! The brain is fried!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

I'm so excited about you taking your photography to a "full-time" level...I know you'll do amazing!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh girl, there is so much goodness going on for you. Congrats with your photography. It must be busy if you're making it your full time. And I used to LOVE long naps. I still take them here and there but not as much anymore. And grilled zucchini? Oh YEAH!!!