Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Punks

This is Punk A:


And Punk B:


Most people who know us will tell you how much we love our dogs. Zach is much more of the disciplinarian, laying down the law. The dogs are fully aware that their Dad means business. I'm much more of the nurturer. I'm always looking for an excuse to sneak the dogs into bed with me or just spoon with them. There's something about their big heavy weight that just melts my heart. It's actually pretty shameful how much I love them. But sometimes (just sometimes) I think to myself "what were we thinking?"

Exhibit A: Our patio furniture. This was the second chair that took a hit from our beasts. The first one has already found a home with the city waste department. You can still actually sit in this one, so we've been holding onto it until we get the money to replace it.


Exhibit B: Our screen window. Our dogs can definitely be defined as "needy." They are loved on and cared for and they LOVE being around us. BUT, this is what happens if you leave them in the backyard while you're cooking dinner. This was Bear's attempt a few months ago to make his way back into the house. Spoiled much?


Exhibit C: The holes in the backyard. And when I say holes, I mean HOLES. There are about 5 or 6 of these babies throughout our backyard. One hole is SO deep that I am convinced someone is going to fall in it and sue us soon. These holes are on our to do list for this week to get fixed. OH, and that drain you see used to have a cover on it that has gone MIA somewhere in our backyard (or our beasts' stomachs).


Exhibit D: Last, but certainly not least: Our shower door. This was our most recent incident (and the motivation for this blog post). Apparently Bear was very excited as his dad was getting out of the shower yesterday... so excited, in fact, that he took the door off its hinges!




It is very important for me to stress again that I LOVE my dogs so much and I really do think they're worth it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to calm these beasts down?? Shock collars? Obedience school? We'll try anything!

6 comments:

amanda said...

We taught Chance to quit chewing on my dear friend's back deck by putting hot sauce on everything he was chewing on. We also bought the bitter spray, but hot sauce seemed to work. :)

As for the shower door .. girl I have no idea :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I know a handy man if you need help getting that door back on!

angier said...

Wow! And I thought my little beagle was causing havoc in my backyard! They still don't have anything on the damage Luke and Presley can do though! :) I've got no advice for ya, sorry. I've never been any good at making dogs behave! Husbands, yes. Kids, sometimes. Dogs, never. :)

Unknown said...

Kaish wants a dog so badly. I was all ready to get him one at Christmas and then these people who were going to give him to us changed their minds. Now I just don't know : ). Yours are beautiful though!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, they sure get excited and are strong too!!! I would say obedience school perhaps but I am no expert.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Have you seen Marley & Me. I just saw it last night and cried like a baby. I thought it was just a comedy but no...

We had our 2 dogs right by us and just couldn't stop kissing them. See it if you haven't.