Thursday, August 4, 2011

Table and Chair: Distressing Project

I have a list of things I've been wanting to learn how to do. While I've started a few projects in an attempt to learn, I have a LONG way to go.

A few things on my list:

1. Knit
2. Sew (I want to make patchwork quilts)
3. Make Incredible Cookies (the really pretty, painted kind)
4. Distress Furniture
5. Upholster furniture

A couple weeks ago, I decided to attempt my first distressing project. I got online and found a tutorial, and went to work. A couple years ago, someone gave me a Strawberry Short Cake table and chairs for Syd's room, and I've been meaning to paint them for a while now. Well, now that Zachary is getting older and will be doing more coloring, etc... I decided to give it a gender-neutral look.

There are several things I didn't love about it, but I was pretty satisfied for my first attempt. Here's the before and after.



Zach was freaked out with me doing all the sanding and painting while pregnant, so I took this photo to assure him that I was behaving. We both agreed this is about as hard core as I am capable of looking. :)

1 comment:

laurie said...

The table is awesome! I love how perfectly coordinated the whole set is - the flowers, lemons, etc. Your eye for color and the layout of everything is perfect!

p.s. You'll have to take a trip to Seattle, so I can teach you to knit. But be forewarned. Once you get the hang of it, it's incredibly addicting.