Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Scandal

It started as a surprise party, my Grandma was throwing for her new beau, Ray. Ray came, acted surprised, ate and opened gifts.

20090117_7

20090117_16

20090117_15

As soon as he finished opening his gifts, he turned the tables on the 30-40 people who had come.. He pulled out one of the most eloquently written poems I'd ever heard, got down on one knee, and read it for my beautiful grandmother. She smiled in a way I've never seen her smile before; Nervous and glowing, all at the same time.

20090117_18

As soon as was finished, he folded the poem, put it back in his pocket and asked her to be his wife. She said yes, as they kissed and hugged.

20090117_19

Then he placed the ring on her finger.

20090117_21

Nothing could ruin my day today. I cannot think of two other people who deserve this more than these two. I'm SO glad God blessed you with each other!

Oh, and Ray, for future reference- the engagement ring is the one with the large diamond on it. The band is for the wedding day. Ha! I love you both!!

9 comments:

Sharaze Colley said...

That is just about the sweetest thing in the world, I think. Congratulations to both of them and to you for getting a new grandparent!!

Sara said...

That is the sweetest story!

Sarah Christoph said...

That's so sweet! How exciting for them! And she thought HE was in for a surprise! Bet she never saw that coming! I love it when a woman has no idea and then gets asked the big one- the reaction is priceless! :) Congrats to both!

angier said...

Oh my gosh! I have chills! So sweet! Congrats everyone!!

laurie said...

So beautiful. I love it and am so happy for Grandma Shack.

Ashli said...

That's so sweet! I have tears in my eyes!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

I'm so happy for them both!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I have to say that I really hope I look as good as Beulah when I get that age!

Live.Love.Eat said...

OH Elizabeth, you brought me to unexpected tears. I didn't see that coming. Wow. That is so amazing and wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!