Thursday, July 30, 2009

12 1/2 weeks pregnant

I can't even count how many people have asked me to take a picture of my growing belly and put it on my blog. I'm all about documenting, but I have to admit, I've kind of been fighting this "gaining weight" thing. I may be living in denial, but I really think people are noticing "the wrong thing."

It's funny. My entire life, I've had "the pooch." The one that sits right below the belly belly button and protrudes a bit. But, it seems that it wasn't until I announced my pregnancy that the entire world seemed to notice. Unfortunately, right now, I can't tell where the "I eat too many burgers and cheese fries on a regular basis" pooch ends and where my sweet baby bump begins. My family says they can tell a difference, the scale can obviously tell a difference, my pants seem to notice a difference, but I'm still skeptical.

So- I guess I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

These are my first pregnancy pictures, taken at 12 1/2 weeks.

11 comments:

Katie Cordell said...

Liz, this makes me laugh....seriously...you do not look like you have a bump at all! I know your scales are telling you one thing, but live it up! You'll show soon enough and then there is no turning back! It will pop out soon enough. Enjoy your skinny little mid-section for a few more weeks.

Fred and Renee said...

Well, one of the compensations for the hours and years ( the rest of your life) of being a parent is the ability to blame lots of things on your kids - "We would love to come, but the kids aren't feeling well and we don't feel right leaving them." "Maybe I am being grouchy, but I was up all night with the baby." So I say why not start now. OF COURSE IT IS THE BABY.

Jennifer said...

The most beautiful baby bump in the world! :)

Renee and Brandon said...

I'm so jealous my baby bump looked like I was stung by a colony of wasp. I lived up the pregnancy WAY to much. I asked someone the other day, "how long can I use the I just had a baby card?" Enjoy it girl and by the way you look great!

Melissa said...

You are so cute!!

Heather said...

The Renee Shackelford [i.e. mom] comment made me laugh out LOUD. I love this family, you all are hilarious! xo

p.s. Elizabeth, you're the skinniest string bean I know ... so I'm going to agree with OF COURSE IT IS THE BABY ;) Love you!

angier said...

You are a beautiful Mommy! Can't wait to see all of the updates to come! Too many burgers and fries? Girl, please!

laurie said...

burgers or baby, that is the tiniest, cutest bump.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. You look SO skinny. HOLY CANNOLI! I can't even see a pooch of anything. Well maybe if I squinch my eyes very tightly. You look PERFECT. Congratulations again. I am so happy for you!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh, it's all baby, don't you worry. Live it up now girl. I ate whatever I wanted and just said I'd work it off after the baby was born. I only wish I walked a lot while prego to stay a bit healthier.

SO happy for you. You look wonderful!

Jaren said...

Awwwww!!!! Yay!!!