Friday, December 14, 2012

10 Years Old

When I met Sydney for the first time, she was three years old. She was so bashful, that she hid behind her dad for about 5 minutes. She quickly noticed that I had on a big dangly bracelet, and starting inching closer to closer to me. I took the bracelet off and let her wear it. For the rest of the day, we spent the day laughing and playing. We played princess, we played chase. We played hide and seek. I couldn't have asked for a better introduction.

Since then, our relationship has only grown. We no longer play chase and princess, but we love to have "spa days" where we put on masks and paint our nails. Zach is always the one who waits on us and brings us our drinks and snacks while we have spa days. She is my favorite person to watch a movie with or go shopping with. She has turned into the most beautiful, delightful young woman. She has the kindest spirit. She is often a better mom to the boys than I am. NO LYING. I love her like she's my own, but I'm SO very grateful that she has a mom that loves her and nurtures her. I miss her when she's not here, but so happy that she gets to live in such a happy home. Our family is always at its best when she's around.

For her birthday, she wanted an iPod Touch, so we blindfolded her and took her to the apple store. She was beyond excited.



 She is so good with these boys.
 The birthday girl playing with our phones...

Syd and I were determined to make our own, multi layer birthday cake. I think we did pretty good! 



The next day we all went to the fair with Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw. I think everyone had a great time. 



We love you, sweet girl. I cannot believe you are ten!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow. I absolutely loved this. As blessed as your family has been to have Sydney in your lives, I don't know many kids who have had a "bonus mom" who could say: that person was a blessing - so influential in my life - an encouragement - and someone who could love me like their own. But that's exactly who you are to her. I am so proud of you in a lot of ways, but the most proud of you as a mom. You're the best. xoxo