Sunday, December 30, 2007

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler...

I'm not a painter, sculpter, or musician... but I love all sorts of art. Over the past couple of months, I've discovered a passion for two things that bring out my artistic side: photography and cooking. I'm not even sure that I'm any good at either, but it just feels so good to create something that started as nothing. This weekend, I decided to make Gumbo for the first time. Well, that put me in the ridiculousy cheezy mood to create an entire "New Orleans theme" weekend. Saturday, Zach and I had gumbo for lunch. It was surprisingly quite good. I used smoked sausage, shrimp, crab, rice, onions, peppers, celery, and a variety of spices. We made enough to eat for days. Then this afternoon, I decided to give Zach the ultimate New Orleans experience. He has never been to the Crescent City, so I had to make beignets! I cheated- and bought the mix from the store- but still, they tasted just like the ones from Cafe Du Monde. Of course, we had to whip up a couple of lattes to make the experience complete. It was so much fun!

No comments: