Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My last day at WMC was exactly 1 month and 23 days ago, and I've been enjoying every ounce of my life ever since. In fact, I feel like I am actually living. After spending 3 years working overnights, I finally get to cook dinner and sleep next to my husband. I get to enjoy the holidays with my family and don't have to work weekends. My new job still has the deadlines and pressures that I need to drive me, but so far, it hasn't worn me down. I didn't realize it was possible to enjoy life this much.

But one thing I do miss about producing is the creativity required for the job. For the past four years, I've spent 50 hours a week writing and designing, but now my creative juices have been shut down. So, I'm ready to start some projects! The only problem is.. I'm not really sure where to start. So, I've decided to pour more energy into my lost love... photography. I just bought a new digital camera and have downloaded a REALLY good photo-shopping program. I'm going to take it one step at a time. Right now, I'm working on conquering combining black and white photos with color. I didn't take this picture, but when I came across it on myspace, I knew it would be perfect for what I was trying to do. This is my cousin Liesl, acting crazy as usual. I think she's having a little too much fun with the giant candy cane. :) Liesl is so much fun and so full of energy. We live here in the same city together, but don't get together nearly as often as we should. But everytime I see her, she brings a lot of joy into my day.

Anyway, despite the silliness of the photo- I thought Liesl's red shirt and the candy cane would make for a fun photo. Here are the before and after picts.

No comments: