Monday, December 17, 2007

Sydney's Christmas

Wow! What a weekend. Every weekend with Sydney is something magical, but at the same time painful. Sydney lives in Jackson, MO with her mom. Zach and I travel there every weekend we're all available. We stay there as long as we can... but the entire weekend is filled with the knowledge that at some point we'll have to leave. Watching Syd and Zach together is one of my favorite things to do. She's definitely daddy's little girl. Their faces light up every time the other one walks into the room. They spend the whole weekend hugging, kissing, laughing, playing and trying to make up for lost time. I can't remember a time I've left Missouri without crying. There's never an experience in our home where we wish Sydney wasn't there. Right now, we're patiently waiting and praying for the day Sydney can come visit Memphis and Alabama-- so the people in our lives can be introduced to this wonderful little girl.
Sydney will be busy the next couple of weekends in Missouri, so Zach and I went up there to do Christmas with her on Saturday. We stayed the night in a hotel there.. so Sydney could have a warm place to open her presents. We spent the rest of the night playing with toys. Sydney and I even got to throw a fashion show for Zach with her new Cheetah dress up kit! Here are a few of the dozens of pictures taken that night.







1 comment:

Heather said...

This was the sweetest post. She is an absolute doll!!!! I loved these pictures :) And Liz - I love your bangs! Cute!