Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random Things

I've been a terrible blogger lately- mainly because I've been too busy to think straight.

But, here are a few brief, random things I thought I'd share.

1. I purchased my first Christmas gift this week AND I bought my first half gallon of egg nog last night- so I guess that means I'm officially in the Christmas spirit.
2. I stopped by this random hole-in-the-wall convenience store today, to find the most wonderful, Memphis-spirited store I've ever been to. It's called Gary's market (near the intersection of Holmes and Getwell). They sell authentic, freshly made soul food (jumbo turkey legs, roasted chicken, fresh cabbage... the list goes on...) AND have a marketplace- similar to that of Charlie's Meat Market. They sell fresh vegetables and produce, along with all kinds of meat. While I was walking around, the store manager (Marvin) came over and introduced himself saying "I have never seen you in here before. Please, make yourself at home." SO NICE. Oh yeah- and I filled my car up at Gary's for $1.75 a gallon.
3. I'm having a coffee date with my husband in about an hour before heading to small group tonight. VERY EXCITED about that!
4. I had a nice, long talk with my sister this week about life and love- a HUGE highlight of my week. I'm so happy God decided to give me her 24 years ago!
5. I threw away an old bowl of chili in my office garbage can, and now all I can smell is some sort of sour, moldy concoction (I know that's disgusting and completely inappropriate, but it's sort of all I can think about right now).
6. We went Downtown to Rio Loco on Friday night to celebrate Katie's birthday. Here are a few pictures from the night.





3 comments:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

I want to live THERE.

Tori and Lee said...

I'm glad that our conversation was one of the highlights of your week! I enjoyed it too! I love you sister! Oh and the whole chili thing grosses me out a bit!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Ok, I was taking notes as I was reading your list. LOVE hole in the wall treasures & coffee dates. Stinky garbage chili, not so good :)

Have a fantastic weekend.