Saturday, November 1, 2008

Today, I was having a sort of bad day at work, which resulted in me scrubbing bathroom toilets for about three hours. In the midst of my frustration, I received a phone call from my friend, J.R. It went a little something like this.

Me: Hello?
JR: Hey. What size pants do you wear?
Me: What?
JR: What size pants do you wear?
Me: Why?
JR: What size pants do you wear?
Me: Umm, generally a 4 or 6- depending on where you shop. Oh, and they have to be a long.
JR: What about a 5, sort of long?
Me: Sure- what's going on?
JR: Kyle and I are at a thrift store and found these really cool farmer pants, but they're a size 5 and are pretty long. We're going to get you a cool farmer short and straw hat too. The outfit will be awesome.
Me: Well, I've had a pretty crappy day, so I'm thinking a good farmer outfit just might help make it better.

Turns out- I was right. JR was throwing a party at his apartment to help some of the international kids at the University of Memphis experience some classic, American culture. We all dressed up, and did the traditional Halloween things- like bobbing for apples and trick or treating. They gave us a little of their culture as well, by bringing some homeade, international dishes.

We had such a good time!! Zach and I left the party and are now in Paris, TN- where I've got 6 photo shoots scheduled for the weekend. I am SOOO excited about seeing my nephews in just a few hours and meeting some more amazing families.


































7 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

That looks like a fun party!! I love your outfit. You should let JR go shopping for you more often. :-)

JR Rozko said...

What Liz forgot to tell the world id that at the register, Kyle and I realized that the zipper, which was in the back of the pants and was the only mechanism for keeping the pants on, was completely broken. Thanks to some ingenuity of our friend Mandy's part (which may or may not have involved the safety pins we got in place, not sure), Liz managed to keep the pants on w/o mooning everyone the whole night!

Elizabeth said...

JR,

I didn't do as good as a job as you may think. Just ask Katie Taylor. :)

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

Too much fun!

Anonymous said...

What a fun night!

I'm having a fun giveaway for a great cause on my blog. 4 (maybe 5) bed nets will be going to kids in Africa to prevent malaria and one (maybe 2) t-shirts will be given to the blog reader(s) that are picked. Come leave a comment before 7pm CST and enter to win! (And learn about malaria too!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth! Thanks for entering my giveaway. YOU ARE A WINNER! A Bed net is going to a kid in Africa in your honor that was donated by my friend Demetric. YAY!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Cool pics you farmer gal :)