Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Weekend in Paris

On Sunday morning, I woke up in Paris, TN, where I had been spending a perfect weekend with my brother, sister-in-law and nephews. I was eager to hear my brother preach a sermon at his church, Springhill Baptist Church.
It was 8:00 and church didn't start until 11:00. I decided to get back into bed to do some work on the laptop before leaving. When I finally got out of bed around 9:45, one of my legs had apparently fallen asleep and I didn't know it. The second I put my feet on the ground and stood up, my leg collapsed and I crashed to the ground. Smooth. Zach ran in, panicked, (he's so sweet).. of course, I was laughing so hard I was crying. Not my best moment.
My leg finally recovered its feeling and I got into the shower and began packing up. Once we got all our stuff packed, we loaded everything into the car, since our plan was to head back to Memphis shortly after church. We double-checked the house, locked the house door and got into the car- ready to head to church. Seconds later, we realized we were missing the keys to our car. Turns out- the keys were in my brother's van- at the church, and we had already locked ourselves out of the house.
Even smoother.

Eventually, Zach broke into the house and we were able to wait for Fred and Jennifer at the home, but we never made it to church. A frustrating morning to say the least.

Despite our clumsy morning, we had a wonderful time. Zach and I were talking- and I believe that is the first lengthy period of time we've been able to spend with my brother, his wife and the boys without any other family there. It was really nice, quality time. I'm so grateful for the relationships I have with all my siblings and their spouses. It's like I have 6 best friends!

My favorite things of the weekend:
1. Jack and Clayton's wake-up calls that include early morning hugs and kisses and cuddling in our bed.
2. Discussing politics and biblical responsibility with my brother.
3. Watching Zach play with the boys
4. Long conversations about parenting and womanhood with Jennifer.
5. When Jack announces out loud that "he's stinky" after he has soiled his diaper.

Thank you guys! We had a great time!!

I did several photoshoots for some great families in Paris (including one for Fred and Jennifer), which I will posting on my photography blog soon... but until then.. Here are a couple of pictures from our weekend with Fred and Jennifer.



Fred volunteered to do a mini-photoshoot for Zach and me.

Thank you again! We enjoyed it more than you know.

10 comments:

amanda said...

I just love those pictures of P-town. We have one nice up-town don't we ! :)

I am not sure if I ever told you or not, but my old babysitter use to take me to Spring Hill when I was little for VBS. I have some great memories at that place.

angier said...

Wow. It's great to see you on the other side of the camera with your hubby! Great pics. I'm glad you guys had fun and I always love to hear about the crazy stuff that happens to you. You guys don't even have Luke and Presley as an excuse! I can't wait to see what kind of trouble you two get into when you add munchkins into the mix!

Fred said...

It was a blast for us, too. Seriously, it was really, really fun.

Laura Jo said...

Love seeing pics of Paris too and people that we know! Great shots!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

In spite of the clumsiness of the morning, it sounded like a perfect weekend surrounded by family!!! Glad you enjoyed your time!!!!! And great pics as always. Love the one with you and Zach by the lamp post.

Corey and Melody Cain said...

I love the pics of you and Zach! Maybe you and Fred should go into business together!!! Wiggs and Shackelford Photography...hmmmm

Sarah Christoph said...

YOU TWO ARE SO HOT! Can I say that? ;-) Well, you are! I love you guys and so glad to see your love captured on camera!

Heather said...

I love the last pic of you all :) Very cute!!!

Looking forward to Saturday!

Anonymous said...

i love love the pics of you and zach liz!!! you look as gorgeous as ever!!!
nicole eaton

Unknown said...

What a great name for a town : )!
I LOVE all of the pictures! Your nephews are so cute! I love that age and stage! Cuddling as a wake up call - so sensational! I hope you are having a wonderful week!