Monday, April 13, 2009

Before/ After

Ok, so Zach was right and I was wrong....

Sydney's room turned out GREAT!!!

Here's the before:
Here's the "in between":
And here's the After:

For some reason, the green in these pictures is turning out to be a yellow-ish color, but in reality, it is much more of a "green apple" color and it looks FANTASTIC with everything. The paint color was "plantain" from Color Match, a Wal-Mart paint brand.

The curtains, shag rug (which I just realized isn't showing up in the pictures), wall decals, side table and desk are all from Target. The bedspread and sheets came from Wal-Mart. The headboard is the same one from the previous room- we just painted it white.

The pictures above the wall are mounted on foam board. I drilled holes in them and tied ribbon through them and hung them on wall pegs that I also bought from Target. The pictures are alternated between 18x12 and 8x12s. I really can't take credit for this idea AT ALL. I pretty much stole the idea 100 percent from Life in Motion Photography.

18 comments:

Jennifer said...

Liz, ya'll did GREAT!!!! I can't wait to meet that pretty girl one day. :)

Faith said...

LOVE it!!! She is going to be so surprised!

Melissa said...

Wow! it really does look so good and fun!! I love the pictures hanging...very creative!

Fred and Renee said...

I love it! Everything looks great!

Unknown said...

oh. my. gosh. OH MY GOSH! I love it so much I want to scream. Really amazing room transformation. You are such a good mommy : ).

Sharaze Colley said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Great job, guys! I can't wait to hear what she thinks of it.

angier said...

What a lucky little girl! You guys are so awesome. I can't wait to meet that little angel! Love the room! Especially the beautiful pictures. Great job guys!!

Heather said...

Elizabeth - the room looks so great! Sydney will LOVE it :)

Gabby said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about the room!! Sooo cute!! Love the pictures!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It's beautiful! She is going to LOVE it. You'll have to tell us what she thinks of it!

Anonymous said...

I like it! I am SO ready to meet her! Not too much longer!!!!

Carrie Bevell Partridge said...

So, so cute! What a fun and beautiful room!

Marksberry Family said...

How do you have time to do all of this?!!!! Looks great!

Laura Jo said...

Sydney's going to love it! Great job! How long until her visit?

Renee and Brandon said...

looks awesome!!!!

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

I just love it! I think that it turned out great! Love you!

Live.Love.Eat said...

This room turned out FANTASTIC!!!! You should be so proud. I'm glad to hear Sydney loves it.

Live.Love.Eat said...

P.S. The pictures of the 3 of you making goofy faces is priceless. This room screams love and makes me smile. You're good people!!!!