Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend With Sydney

There are really no words to describe the awesomeness of this past weekend. My husband summed it up best when he described it as "the best weekend of his life."

We laughed, we played,... we enjoyed every second of it.

A few things we did included cookie-making, swimming, wii-playing, a slumber party, movies, reading, ice cream, and cooking out. This weekend will be, by far, one of the most memorable of my life.


Yes, Syd LOVED her new room. I think she really feels like she has a place here in Memphis.


I decided not to pull out my big camera this weekend so I could enjoy every minute, but here are a few photos we took with the point and shoot this weekend. We also have a couple of videos, but I'm still in the process of trying to figure out how to load those, so hopefully I'll post those later.

1731 EDITED resized collage


I took Caleb's pictures this weekend at Faith and Jason's home. While we were there- Faith grabbed this picture of the three of us. Thanks, Faith!
1731 EDITED resized

9 comments:

Melissa said...

This past weekend was so beautiful! Sounds like you had a blast!! I'm glad she liked her room!

Sharaze Colley said...

Oh, fun! All three of you are so adorable!

I wish Sydney was going to be in town the weekend of Autumn's birthday--she'd love all the stuff Mike's dad has planned. Ha!

Lyryn said...

Do you just love those types of weekends? It makes my heart melt!

BTW - I love your photography!

Lyryn said...

Don't you just love weekends like that! It just makes my heart melt!

BTW - I love your photography!

laurie said...

Yay - I'm so happy it was a good first weekend with Syd at your house. It sounds like you're entering a whole new phase of your relationship with her, and I hope it will continue to be filled with excitement and care.

Also, I have a feeling that Syd feeling like she has a place in your home has less to do with her room and way more to do with the love and care that you and Zach have for her. The room just seems like an extension of that care. My point - I'm VERY proud of and blessed by the huge love that the 2 of you have for her.

Fred and Renee said...

I had such a good time with everyone this weekend. Sydney has always been a real member of the family, but she has never gotten to experience that reality until now. I am very excited to have another granddaughter. She is adorable!

angier said...

Yeah! I am so happy for all three of you! I had no doubt that she would love her room or that she would feel loved and secure with the two of you around! :) Hope it's the first of many wonderful weekends for you guys!

Unknown said...

The best weekend of your life. That made me so happy! I knew she would LOVE her room! I am so glad you have her. And I am so glad she has you : ).

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow Elizabeth, this is really sweet. You guys definitely don't take your time together for granted and that's wonderful!!!!!