Monday, March 24, 2008

Celebrating One Year!

On March 24, 2007, Zach and I were married at 2:00 p.m. at Ridgeway Baptist Church. Today is our first wedding anniversary. We officially celebrated Saturday night, which is a good thing because I forgot Monday was our anniversary and scheduled a somewhat unromantic evening. Zach and I are in the process of getting life insurance on each other, so tonight the nurse is coming over to "inspect" us. We'll be celebrating our 1st anniversary taking blood and performing urine samples. Hee hee... is it bad that I think that it's actually pretty funny?

Nevertheless, Zach planned the PERFECT evening for us this past Saturday. It started when Zach surprised me with a tripod for my camera. I was LONG overdue on getting one. Next, we went downtown to eat crab legs at this great little hole-in-the-wall seafood place. Afterwards, Zach and I went to this CRAZY and somewhat ILLEGAL place to take pictures with my new tripod. My dad showed me this place about a month ago. It's an EXTREMELY old bridge crossing the Mississippi that is used for train and cargo purposes. It has a real rustic feel. I've been talking about that spot ever since, because I thought it would be a GREAT place to take pictures. Zach was such a trooper. The sun was a bit harsher than I would have liked, and we had a brief encounter with a fox and the police (apparently the area is under surveillance). But we ended up getting a few good shots and have had a LOT of laughs telling the story. Of course, I am posting some of those pictures.
Zach, in all seriousness... you're the love of my life. I thank God every day for blessing me with you. You provide me strength in the areas I need it. You compliment me perfectly. You are so strong, God-fearing, hardworking, and wise. Your desire to love me fully is something I will always cherish. Thank you for making this marriage so easy. I'm sure we'll have hard times, but I wouldn't choose to walk through those battles with anyone other than you. I love you so much!! Happy One Year Anniversary!


Practicing with our tripod

I'm not sure why, but I LOVE this picture.

For some reason, there was a bench in the middle of this place.


We call this our American Eagle picture.

Just because I'm a dork...


It is so hard to get a good lighting shot of both Zach and me (in case you haven't noticed, our skin tones are a little different). I need suggestions from my photog girls out there.


Don't worry. We were very careful that no trains were coming

This picture makes me laugh. And no, I'm NOT pregnant. It's the wind, I promise.




For Zach's anniversary gift, I gave him a book I designed on Shutterfly. It is called "Celebrating Him." I also gave him a journal where I can keep letters to him. Thanks, Jennifer, for the idea! It is my goal to write him a letter at least once a month. He gave me the tripod, and a gift card to Archivers. I swear the guy knows the way to my heart! Oh yeah, we also ate our wedding cake on Saturday. We were pretty scared while we were trying it, but it was really delicious!!

13 comments:

Dan and Tami said...

Very sweet. We're happy for you guys. I'm glad my sister found such a good guy, as well. Love you guys.

Heather said...

Happy 1st Anniversary!!!! I can't believe it has been a year already ... Love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job, Liz.

Love the pictures.

I have no idea about the skin tone. I will ask some people at work about that one.

I am serious. We need to go take pictures soon. Evidently, you know of all the cool places!

Anonymous said...

Liz,
I went to Union and was good friends with Zach. I know you and I didn't know each other, but I actually started reading your blog bacause of Anne-Camille, but now I am addicted. You are such an amazingly fun person! I read it all the time and am frequently uplifted and challenged in my Christian walk because of something you wrote or did. I also love pictures and scrapbooking and just being silly. Thanks for all the encouragement you don't even know you give! Have a great week.

Dan and Tami said...

Ahh, that sounds like a great date! I'm glad ya'll had a good time. Dan and I have a journal we write each other in, but I was going to tell you, I also have one for Zeke and Kaiyah. I just write quick notes about how I feel about their lives, and funny things Zeke has done or whatever that I won't remember 15 years from now. I got the idea from my sister-in-law Alicia, and it's such an easy way to remember those times! Just passing along the thought in case that one picture IS an indication of anything ;) Hee, hee.

Marksberry Family said...

You do such a wonderful job with your pictures! I just got a Canon Xti when Wyatt was born. I am still in the "learning stage". I haven't even gotten my tripod out. Congratulations on the one year!

Brooke said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it has been a year. The pics are amazing. Where is that? I must go!

Ashli said...

Happy First Anniversary! Is it hard to believe??? What a fun celebration! And very cool pictures!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I LOVE the kissy picture! It is amazing how time flies!!!

Anne-Camille Collins said...

DANNNNNNGGG girl! Look at you rockin' your SLR!!! LOVE these photos!!!

Psstt: I sent you an email...

Fred and Renee said...

I am glad that you had fun. I love the pictures! I wish for you two the ability to have fun and silliness for the rest of your lives. It is what will keep your marriage alive and fresh.

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Congratulations on one wonderful year! It gets even better! Oh, and by the way, I love the picture that you love, too! And the one below it!

sara e said...

ok, elizabeth. you need to get a job as a photographer. those pictures were great, and you weren't even standing behind the camera when they were snapped! i love you guys and am so happy for your anniversary!