Monday, March 10, 2008

Thank You!

Ok, first of all, THANK YOU so much to everyone who offered up suggestions on how to clean up my closet. You have NO idea how helpful it was. Thanks to the help of Jennifer, Becca, Nicki and Sara, my closet is now completely ORGANIZED!! Becca, those hanging shoe organizers you suggested were PERFECT! I found some at Wal-Mart for $7. And Jennifer, I've made it a priority to wash at least one load of clothes a day! It makes a HUGE difference!

I thought all of you might be interested in what your suggestions helped accomplish! In case you don't remember, here is the BEFORE picture, and a couple others to show you what my closet looks like now. This was actually quite fun. I may get motivated to do the other 4 closets in my house... maybe. :) Thanks again!


5 comments:

Heather said...

Elizabeth -

I am SO proud of you ;) Looks great!!!!!

HB

Anne-Camille Collins said...

Okay... so I totally meant to leave a comment for you on that post and SPACED IT!

Here's a tip that has helped me... I know you already organized it... but maybe it will help down the road!

I love to ORGANIZE ANY AND EVERYTHING but I must confess that organizing and keeping my clothing organized is the HARDEST thing for me! Maybe if I didn't change my outfit three times b/4 I left the house it would be simplier! Anyway...

My biggest tip is to fold (in fourths) your jeans and set them on top of the rack (where you used to have your shoes). I don't hang my jeans on hangers b/c
1) it takes up too much space hanging with the rest of my clothing
and...
2) the weight of the jeans always ruins the hangers and then you have to replace them... and it just aggravates me.
and finally...
3) you can stack quite a lot of jeans on top of each other and they slip out fairly easily!

I have a stack of:
"Jeans to wear with heels."
"Jeans to wear with flats."
"Jeans to work out in the yard in."
"My feeling fat jeans."
ETC.ETC.ETC.

Hope this helps too!
BUT it looks amazing the way it is!

Jennifer said...

Ohhhh, I am wiping away a tear...absolutely beautiful!!! I am so proud of you!

Unknown said...

http://lenatoewsdesigns.blogspot.com/

There are a few that are free the others you have to buy...but there were a couple of cute ones at least! But you sure have a cute header now!!! I don't know that I would change it, unless you can get your header to stay! I can't figure out how to get the pics to look right (size-porportion) on my header? Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

it looks great!! glad I could help :)
~becca