Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas in Cape

I have officially started counting down. Ok, well technically, I started counting down two months ago when we set the date for our Christmas with Syd. But right now, we are 27 hours and 53 minutes from the beginning of our Christmas Slumber Party Weekend with Sydney!

Zach and I are leaving immediately after work tomorrow night and will spend Friday-Sunday in a hotel in Cape Girardeau (with Sydney) to celebrate Christmas. This trip is MONUMENTAL in so many ways.

This is the first time Syd will be sleeping over with Zach since she was a baby. This trip is one of two weekend trips that we will be taking before Syd starts spending periodic weekends with us here in Memphis!!! This is something that Zach and I have been praying for, and praying for, and praying for, and praying for FOR YEARS now! Her first weekend visit to Memphis will be in April.

It's been a long journey to get to this point, with plenty of ups and downs- but Zach and I know now, more than ever, that God answers prayers.

Ready or not, Syd... it's going to be a FANTASTIC weekend!!
A lot of people have been asking about the weather in Cape, ever since the miniature ice storm earlier this week. I've attached the forecast for all the mothers and grandmothers out there who have expressed concerns. It looks like we don't have much to worry about.

6 comments:

Fred Shackelford said...

I hope you guys have a great time... you sure Syd doesn't need some puppy love, too? LOL I'm kidding of course. Bear and Bryant will be fine staying with MawMaw and PawPaw

Marksberry Family said...

So happy for your family! Have fun!

angier said...

YEAH! I am so excited for all three of you! I can't wait for her to come here so we can meet her! I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend together! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures together!

Heather said...

Elizabeth - so, so excited for you all :) I know this has been a long time coming. Have a wonderful Christmas weekend with Miss Sydney! xoxo

Sarah Christoph said...

It's a joy to read this! I am excited for all three of you! Have a wonderful weekend! Merry Christmas!!! :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Awesomely sweet. She looks so pretty!! You have only had day trips with her before?