Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Randomness

I guess things are slowing down for me a bit after the holidays- I've seen yet another movie that I LOVED.

I rented this one last night- and it was so good! I will warn you- there is not a single man in the movie. Not even in the background- it is 100% women! I watched it with Zach, who was a good sport about it, but I kind of wished I had seen it with one of my girlfriends. Seriously, ladies- go rent it!
Next, anyone who knows me well knows there are few things I love as much as being cuddled up under a blanket. In fact, I have often wished that it would not be socially awkward to keep blankets in your offices and work places. If I had it my way- I would be under a blanket all day long. It doesn't matter what time of year it is- I LOVE them.

So- when I saw this infomercial, I got SO excited. When it came on, I grabbed the remote and turned up the volume.. and I must have had a look of excitement in my eyes- because Zach just looked at me and simply said, "No, Liz... No."

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank goodness for husbands who keep us grounded!! Liz, I have to agree with Zach on the blanket. Just say no!

Sara said...

I was seriously laughing out loud watching that. I think you should get the Snuggie! It comes with a book light, too! What a great deal!
Also, thanks for the movie review. I wanted to go see it but then never heard anything more about it.

Unknown said...

That thing makes me laugh SO hard! Kaishon LOVES all infomercials so he is always begging and pleading to get whatever he sess. He really likes the snuggli though : ).

I think you should get it. I mean, after all, people all over the world are enjoying the snuggli according to the infomercial!

Happy New Year!

Sharaze Colley said...

OMG! I love that blanket commercial because Mike has a fit every time he sees it. He yells at the tv, "it's a robe, a backwards robe. I almost got him one for Christmas just to see him foam at the mouth. His birthday is coming up...

Fred said...

I agree with Mike, Sharaze. It is a robe. All you'd need, Liz, is a pair of pointy ears to fit in perfectly at a Star Wars convention.

Having said that, and seeing Jennifer's comment from the other day, I have to tell you something that Clayton said recently. That commercial came on the television in our bedroom and Clayton saw it. He was very interested. When the commercial was over, he walked into the living room and I heard him say, "Mommy, do you have $19.95, because I just saw something on TV that you will really like." Funny.

Thanks, Zach, for, once again, saving my sister from becoming a complete and total dork.

watson said...

Nathan saw that commercial the other day and said, "Mommy I want a Snuggie." What???!!! You're 3! You don't want a snuggie. You want cars or toys or something!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the one that's like that but with feet holes? It pretty much makes you look like a tellitubby...one big space for the body and tiny little openings for the hands and feet. (like, not sleeves or pants, just little holes for them to stick out of) Once I was flying on a plane and this tiny Asian lady was sitting next to me. Imagine my surprise when she kicked off her shoes and then zipped-up one of those babies for the entire duration of the flight! It was hilarious! I'm sure she was comfy, though! Oh, and for what it's worth, Clay and I both have a thing for blankets! I've made myself stop buying them for awhile since we have a ton of throws that are more than we need, but every time I rub a soft one in the store I just want to snatch it so bad!!! I'm telling you, though, the next best thing--fleece sheets!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hey, I've missed you. Haven't been blog hunting daily like I used to be able to. I am definitely renting this movie. It's the kind I love!!!!! I'll be back to check out your other posts.