Friday, June 13, 2008

The Pets

Zach and I have been away from the house for the past couple of days, so the first thing I wanted to do when I got home last night was take the dogs to the park near our house. While we were there, another golden joined the fun. I couldn't believe how big Bear and Bryant were in comparison to the full-grown dog!




Here's a picture I snapped this morning of Precious laying in front of her favorite window. She cracks me up- so laid-back and peaceful, always giving the dogs dirty looks for messing up her "life-style."



I've been meaning to post this picture for awhile now. This is a picture of my mom and dad's cat, Mercy. Mercy isn't nearly as sweet as Precious (I can only say that since he chewed a hole in Precious's ear), but I have to admit, he is GORGEOUS and holds a special place in my heart. He is the son of my former cat, Kitty, that I LOVED growing up. Kitty died while giving birth to Mercy's litter. Mercy is the only one who survived the birth. We had to nurse him back to health and feed him through a bottle. He's not the most loveable cat in the world, but he's got an amazing story and some of the prettiest eyes I've ever seen!
On a side note- this crazy critter surprised me in my office yesterday. I was completely grossed out, but at the same time, fascinated by his bright colors. So, of course, I grabbed the camera to get a picture. By the time I got the shot, he was gone... so I'm pretty sure he's still with me somewhere.
I'm excited about this weekend. A lot of time with family and friends!! Happy Friday, everybody!

3 comments:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

GREAT shots!!!

Fred and Renee said...

Cute pics of the animals.

Dan and Tami said...

Your animals are beautiful. I am SOOO excited that ya'll are going to try and come visit sometime soonish!!!