Sunday, June 15, 2008

What a great weekend!! Zach and I spent the weekend at my parent's house. They were kind enough to help me throw a surprise party for Zach on Saturday. We ended up staying there that night, so we could wake up with Dad on Father's Day. We went to church with my Mom and Dad, and then had a wonderful lunch. Before Mom served lunch she gave a "toast" to my dad and Zach; the two dads in the room. She summed it up best. I'm lucky to have a dad who is such a wonderful, Christian example of what Godly love is. I also am blessed to have a husband who works so hard for his little girl. I'm looking forward to the day when I can see his Fatherly love lived out in our home. I love you both so much!!! Here are some pictures Tori and I took with Dad this afternoon.

I think it is safe to say that Zach was SURPRISED! Zach's birthday isn't for a couple more weeks, but Mom and Dad are leaving the country this week and won't be back for a while and I wanted them to be a part of this (especially since I was using their house). :) We were so fortunate that many of our friends and family were able to come. A lot of our friends brought their kids, so they had a ton of fun in the pool. Sydney and her mom were busy this weekend, so Zach is going up tomorrow to spend a belated Father's Day with Syd. Besides Sydney's absence- the party was almost perfect!





One of the highlights for me of this weekend was visiting with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews. Fred, Jennifer, and the boys live in Paris, TN. We get to see them often, but not as much as I'd like. Jennifer and I are so different, but I think that is what I love most about our relationship. She is tidy, organized, disciplined... pretty much everything I'm not. :) I love spending time with her- she's been around our family so long, I feel like she's actually my sister! She always seems to teach me new things, not to mention she's just a joy to be around. Anyway- it was great spending time with her, Fred, and the boys. Here are a few pictures of their precious family.

Ok, so I showed Jennifer the following pictures before she discovered them on my blog. I think her comment was "You know you're a photographer when you catch a child sharing their sucker with a dog and instead of stopping it, you grab your camera."---- Guilty as charged. Sorry. ;(

These are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend- Uncle Zach having a pillow fight with Clayton. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Clayton and Zach's relationship. They're SOO cute together. I asked Clayton this weekend why he liked Uncle Zach so much. He said "I don't want to tell you."-- I guess it's a man thing.

6 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

These are wonderful pictures! I had a great time and feel so blessed that you want to share your friends with us. You can use my house anytime!

Anonymous said...

How amazingly said am I that I had to miss this - argh!! Glad you guys had an awesome time - now no more until I return.

Heather said...

These pictures are AWESOME. I love the ones of the kids - the sharing of the lollipop are my favorites.

angier said...

Great pics as usual! We had so much fun at Zach's party. Thanks for including us in the fun!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Fun pictures! Jennifer is a joy to be around...and we are total opposites, too! I think that those of us who are not very organized, disciplined, etc. are drawn to her and she just takes us in! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Father's Day and surprise party for Zach!

Laura said...

Awesome pictures! We had a great time and were thrilled to be a part of the celebration!