Monday, September 15, 2008

5 photoshoots, 5 states, 1 weekend

This weekend was one of those amazingly wonderful, but hectic weekends that will most likely take me days to recover from... but it was worth every second of it.

Friday night, Tori, Mom, and I drove down to Paris, TN where my sister-in-law had scheduled me FIVE photoshoots for Saturday. We spent the night with Fred, Jennifer, Jack, and Clayton. We played the Wii, watched Friends reruns until we passed out, and enjoyed all the finest foods Paris had to offer. The best part of my visit... I woke up on both Saturday and Sunday morning with two incredibly sweet boys climbing into bed to cuddle! My nephews have a special way of melting my heart!

Saturday evening, Zach met us in Paris, so he could hang out with the boys while I finished up my photoshoots.

Sunday, Zach and I woke up and headed to Missouri... where we were finally able to spend some time with Sydney. Zach and I needed the time together, as well. We spent most of the trip laughing about the madness of our lives. On our way to Cape Girardeau from Paris... we realized our trip sent us through FIVE states (Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, and then Arkansas-on the way home-). It was SOOO nice to spend some one-on-one time with my beautiful hubby. I love you, baby. :)

Sydney recently turned six, and this was our first time to be able to celebrate her birthday. We bought her a couple of small gifts before we visited.. and then took her on a shopping spree to spend her birthday money. Next, we ate Mexican food, enjoyed a cookie cake and had the waiters and waitresses sing Happy Birthday to her in Spanish. She informed us, that's how Dora does it! After that, it was getting cold outside and the stores were closing, but we weren't ready to leave. We took Syd to Target, where she picked out the DVD "The Parent Trap." We decided to pile into the back of our little cobalt with the laptop and watch the movie until Sydney had to go to bed. Hopefully, she'll be able to finish it tonight. I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!

I didn't get any pictures from this trip, so I have none to post. I'll hopefully do better next time.

I'll be editing pictures for the next week... in hopes of getting caught up. Look for pictures from my Paris sessions soon!!

5 comments:

Katie Cordell said...

this post makes me happy! i'm so glad ya'll had a good trip.

Nicki and Don said...

Girl, what a weekend! You amaze me! I can't wait to see you Saturday!!!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with Sydney!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful weekend!!!!!! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

It blesses my heart to read this! I am so happy for you both and for Sydney! Also that there was a marriage strengthening benefit to all that driving! :) Yay God!