Friday, September 12, 2008

Last night, at the craziest, most unexpected moment... someone shared the following bible verses with me. What they didn't know is what has been happening in the lives of Zach and me. What they didn't know is that I've been praying for God to bring me some clarity and wisdom. What they didn't know is that I've been praying for comfort. These words were EXACTLY what I'd been asking God for. I love how God will use a committee meeting to speak through his people.

This verse hit me in such a powerful way... I thought I'd pass it along in case someone else could use a reminder that God is still here with us, renewing us,... no matter how hard things may seem.

2 Corinthians 4:7-10, 16-18

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

very cool. i love that verse.

Fred and Renee said...

I love how God sees and big picture and if we just hang onto that we can endure anything. Not only endure - but shine with a power that can only come from Him. Then when we get a glimpse of his plan we are amazed to have been just a small part of it. You and Zach stay strong. God is at work - I can see it in your lives. You make me proud.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I want to tell you - my husband & his family have had God in their lives forever & they're wonderful people because of him. Truly amazing. They don't wear it on their sleeves but right when you meet them you know there's something sweetly different about them & then later on you realize it's because of him. I started my journey with God when I met my husband so I am not as far along as you or they but I know that's OK. I am just saying you inspire me when I come visit you here just as they do. You're good people!!!!