Monday, September 1, 2008

Roll Tide, Roll!

Last night, we enjoyed a home-cooked meal of fried pork chops, crowder peas, pinto beans, corn bread, fried potatoes, fried okra, and fresh-sliced tomatoes... a clear sign that we're in Alabama!!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Guntersville, AL, it is a small town that sits in a peninsula, surrounded on three sides by a GORGEOUS lake- a lake that is surrounded by mountains. It's quite possibly one of my favorite places in the south... and I'm just lucky enough to have a husband who grew up here. We brought Bear and Bryant down here for their first Bama visit! They are LOVING the water!! I think they also loved the incredible Bama opener against the Clemson Tigers Saturday night! I'm sure Zach will post more about that later on his blog. Needless to say, spirits are up around here!

I've also had a chance to get a few pictures of the family. I'm posting a little teaser below of our niece and nephew, Emeron and Kaya. I'll have many more pictures later, but right now- we're headed out for a labor day lunch of ribs, bbq, and more pinto beans. :)

Every now and then, I'm able to snap a picture that captures each personality so well. This one is a P-E-R-F-E-C-T example.

5 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

That meal sounds delicious! My mouth is watering right now. Makes me want to pack my bags and come down South for awhile!

Fred said...

Don't forget, Guntersville is also the home of this year's USAT Sprint Triathlon Regional Championship! Sorry, Liz, you missed it. It was on August 9. Maybe next year!

Sara said...

That game was so good!!! We are already preparing for next weekend. :)
That last picture is too cute!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, Guntersville sounds like a place I'd love. And fried okra, YUM!!!!!

Heather said...

Great pictures, Elizabeth! Glad you all had fun!!