Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spreading the Joy...

I am one of those people who always seems to park my car the wrong way at the gas pump. Maybe it's because Zach's gas tank is on a different side of the car than mine, but I can never seem to remember. In fact, last October, after I wrecked my car, I had to drive a rental. I actually drove up to the pump, rolled down my window, and asked someone which side my gas tank was on because I was too lazy to get out of the car and look myself.

A couple of months ago, I learned I've been wasting a LOT of time. I was completely unaware that most cars TELL you which side the gas tank is on without ever having to get out of the vehicle.

I'm perfectly aware that I may be one of the only people left who didn't already know this, but just in case... I thought I would spread the joy to hopefully a couple of people who have been having the same problem as me. In "most" cars, all you have to do is just look for the arrow next to your gas meter on the inside of your car. Pretty Cool!

8 comments:

amanda said...

Pretty sure I had no idea about this. Thank you for sharing the joy !!

Nicki and Don said...

You crack me up!! This makes me miss you so much. Just so you know lots of cars have the gas gauge on the same side of the car (on the dash) as the tank.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Ya know what, I did not know this. This will be the 1st thing I check out when I get in my car at lunchtime!!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

I didn't know that, and I've had similar dilemmas! Thanks for the helpful information! We can't wait to see you for pictures this weekend!!!

Heather said...

Elizabeth,

This was news to me and believe me ... we share the same problem! The first thing I did upon getting in my car was to look and see if it had that little arrow and it did. Thank you for sharing :) My life just got a little easier ... haha!

HB

Ashli said...

I love learning little tid bits of info like this! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Totally didn't know that! Awesome!

angier said...

Bry and I just learned this a couple of years ago. Before that I was always parking the car the wrong way! They could tell you this stuff in drivers ed!! :)