Saturday, August 30, 2008

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays...

Zach and I are so blessed to have such wonderful relationships in our lives. That's one thing you'll never hear us complain about. This weekend, some of the most important and influential people in our lives are celebrating their birthdays!

First up, my sister is on her way to Branson, MO right now to celebrate her birthday with her husband. A few of her friends had a celebration dinner last night at "On the Border." I took some pictures, but my USB cable is acting up, so I'll have to post those later. My relationship with my sister is one of those things I will always be grateful for. We are so different, so she always keeps me on my toes and is always giving me a different perspective. I love that. She is so full of life and energy. I love this stage in our lives- where we are turning into adults and are growing together.

A few of the things I love about my sister.

1. her ability to belch like a man
2. how she holds my hand and acts all motherly whenever I have to have a shot.
3. how she would rescue a possum off the road if she thought it was stranded and hurt.
4. the way she loves her friends and family
5. how sensitive she is.
6. how she can make anything funny
7. Her love affair with "Dance Dance Revolution."
8. How once she told me that she always tries to support "NBC," and I got all touched because I thought she was supporting the affiliate I was producing for at the time- but no, she was supporting NBC because it's the home to "Friends." Did I mention her pets' names are Joey, Phoebe, and Chandler??
9. How crafty she is
10. How giving she is.

I love you, sis. I hope your birthday is as wonderful as it can be! You guys have fun and be safe. Happy Birthday!



Another important birthday today- this lovely lady... Irene Wiggs.
Zach and I are packing right now, getting ready to head down for a weekend in Guntersville, AL so we can spend some time with his mom on her birthday weekend. When it comes to sassiness and strength, I think Irene wins the contest, hands down! She is the single mom to four children and is helping raise two grandchildren. I'm consistently amazed at her strength. I love how she and Zach are good friends, and talk almost every day. Their relationship is something I would love to have with my son one day. She is so supportive when it comes to her family. I'm looking forward to a weekend with my amazing mother-in-law... something that doesn't happen often enough. Happy Birthday, Mom! We'll see you in a few hours. We love you!


And last, but certainly not least---- our sweet Sydney!


Sydney is turning six tomorrow!! S-I-X! How is that possible?? The last time we visited Missouri, Sydney told me she had decided what she wanted to be when she grows up. "What's that?" I asked.

Her: "A fairy."

Me: "A fairy?? Really?"

Her: "Yes, but it has to be a fairy with wings."

Me: "Oh really.. why?"

Her: "Because I want to be able to fly. Wouldn't that be cool?"

After my conversation with Syd, I quickly became convinced that I also would like to be a fairy when I grow up- so that I can fly!! She has such a rich imagination and is so full of energy and life. She loves everyone and portrays such an innocence. This is something we pray every day that she never loses. Over the past few years of our relationship, Sydney has taught me how to laugh more, giggle more, and love my girly side. She is so beautiful, inside and out.. I feel blessed to be a part of her life.

We love you SOOOOO much, Syd and are anxiously waiting for our next visit. Have fun on the lake this weekend! We love you!

5 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

Could Zach look any more like his mom???!!!! Love all the pictures! You capture people so well!

Dan and Tami said...

I agree with you about Tori. She's pretty cool. One of my favorite memories together with her is driving down the road singing "Outra Amor Igual Eu Nunca Mais Verei."

Live.Love.Eat said...

Your posts about your family & friends are always so sweet. Happy Bday to those in your life. And have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!!

Tori and Lee said...

Liz- Thanks for all the amazing (and not so amazing) things you said about me! I love you so much, and love that in one person I have a best friend and a sister! Thanks for loving me just the way I am =) and PS- Since I've cut out the soft drinks in my life.. I don't belch nearly as often =) And Dan.. That's one of my favorite memories of you! That'll always be one of my favorite songs! I even talked to one of my Brazilian patients about that song! =) Love ya'll!

renie said...

Thanks so much Liz for the pictures, you do so well, also thanks for the birthday wish, and getting to spend the weekend with you and my son was great!!! I love it when you all get to come to "Sweet Home Alabama", its just always so sad when you guys have to leave....I Love you and I feel I'm Truly blessed to have a Daughter In Law that truly loves my son. I feel like I've been blessed with another daughter, just one of my clan baby girl!!! (Smile) Ms.Sassiness (Smile , Cute)...Guess Who!!! Momma Renie