Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eat Your Heart Out...

He's mine... and I'm proud of it!! Yesterday around 3:00 pm, I received a phone call that someone wanted to come see our house between 9:00-10:00 today! Our first time to show the house!!! I've mentioned this in previous posts, but Zach and I don't claim to be the neatest people in town. As soon as I received the phone call, I jumped into action, making a list of everything that needed to be done before we show the house. As the list started to grow, and as I counted the hours- I became a little concerned.

1. mow the grass
2. vaccuum the house
3. fold the 4 loads of clothes that are hanging out on our living room couch
4. dust furniture
5. make beds
6. straighten house
7. change cat litter
8. wipe down countertops and bathroom vanity tops
9. straighten closets in guest bedrooms- (ouch, I know, but someone pointed out to me today that people DO look in those closets... and the fact that we've been using them as our personal storage unit is probably a turn-off).
10. wipe off door where dogs jump on it.
11. Remove bird's nest from the front door and the pile of bird droppings underneath.
12. clean up dog poop from the backyard.
13. Pull weeds from our overgrown garden
14. Clean our food-infested microwave

Obviously, we had a LOT of work to do last night. The only problem: last night was my final meeting with my "Jesus For President" group. I knew last night's meeting was going to be extremely insightful and good for our church community, so I REALLY did not want to miss. That's where aforementioned, amazingly wonderful husband steps in...

When I got home from my meeting (which Zach encouraged me to attend, saying he would take care of the house) last night around 9:00, Zach was mowing, cleaning, organizing, and being just down-right AWESOME! I, of course, jumped right in to help. We stayed up until about midnight getting things in order, but there's NO way the house would be ready without him. By the way- did I mention that he NEVER complained- not even once?!?

Honey, thank you one more time for showing me what it means to be a team. I'm SO happy you're the one I get to walk through life with. I love you so much. So, thank you!!

5 comments:

Nicki and Don said...

That's incredible! I love reading about how much you two love each other! Good Luck on showing the house!

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

Oh baby you did not have to do that. I am so blushing right now!(one thing I love about my skin color is that you can never tell when I am)! Anyways Thank you hun. You incredible and worth every minute of it!

Thanks,

Live.Love.Eat said...

All smiles here reading your post. You guys are lucky to have each other and make a beautiful team! I am so happy for you!!!!

Marksberry Family said...

Hope the showing goes well!

Fred and Renee said...

Yea - he's a pretty good son-in-law. The thing I appreciate about all of my in-law children is the way they treat our family as their own. Zach is a good asset to our family.