Saturday, October 18, 2008

Countdown to 27

My countdown to 27 has officially started. My birthday is Monday, October 20th, and I've got a great weekend in store. I went to see "The Express" (great movie) with an incredible group of friends last night. I've got a photoshoot this morning, a bbq with friends tonight, and I'm meeting my fab four in Jonesboro for a day trip tomorrow. Zach will be wining me and dining me on Monday, so overall- a lot to be excited about.

A few updates: first of all, I just wanted to say thank you to my family for being so giving and generous. Tori and Lee, I'm sitting here staring at my new beautiful camera strap, while I'm trying to figure out how to work the french press Dan and Tami sent me. I'm running late, so I'm about to give up and run by Starbucks with the gift card Fred and Jennifer gave me. I'm definitely part of a family that knows how to spoil a girl on her birthday. And Mom and Dad, - after my photoshoot, I thought I'd do a little birthday shopping trip with the money you and the grandparents gave me. I want each of you to know that I love your gifts and your consistent encouragement and presence, but it's your love that I cherish. I don't know how I'd survive without each of you. Thank you so much to all of you for making this a wonderful birthday.





On a side note, harvest season has begun in the Wiggs home. :) I finally grew a watermelon... that was red inside!! I've probably got a hundred sweet potatoes in the yard right now, ready to be dug up. And I can't get enough of my fried green tomatoes. I never expected this part of gardening to be so fun! I'm loving the weather, the food, the season, the time with family and friends. There's a lot to be grateful for right now!


I'll post more about the weekend soon.


5 comments:

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

This post made me smile. I am so glad that you are enjoying your Birthday weekend. Can not wait to get home from work to hang with ya! Love you.

ZAW

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Happy Birthday soon! Your weekend sounds like it is going to be packed full of wonderfulness! I LOVE your new camera strap! So pretty. All of your presents sound nice. I hope your 27th year of life is amazing!

Katie Cordell said...

love love love coffee out of my french press. if you have questions give me a call....once you learn where to put the grinds it's super easy and so not fussy like coffee pots. you'll love it, i hope! i hope your weekend continues to be great.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have had a great weekend and have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hmmm...I was eyeing a french press at Starbucks this weekend. I may just have to give it a whirl. I hope you had an awesome bday weekend. It sounds like you did!!!!