Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My poor husband...

My poor husband is leaving town tomorrow for the CCDA conference in Miami. Miami, of all places. Besides the airport, I've never been, but I've heard it's an absolutely boring town with nothing to do. I hope he manages to have some fun while he's down there. Really- I feel so bad for him.

Truthfully, I'm ecstatic that he has this opportunity to attend. Zach has some big passions and big ideals when it comes to bridging the gap created by diversity within the city of Memphis. This conference will address all of that and so much more. And he's able to attend with some good friends, which will make it that much better for him (since Miami is the horribly boring town that it is). I'm eager to see what this conference can help accomplish in our lives here.

Now... what am I to do for 4 whole days by myself while my husband parties it up in Miami?? Giant tub of ice cream- check. Girly movies- check. Nice long bubble baths- check. Two new books- check. Lots of photo editing without listening to my wonderful husband complain about how much time I'm spending on the computer- check.

Seriously, hon- I will miss you. I'm happy for your trip, but will be thrilled when you return. I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! As we've talked about this before, I would love to see the gap bridged and also to see what God might have in store for our church and it's involvement with the rest of Memphis- as right now we only represent one sector. PLEASE keep me informed of any "take action" ideas that you get in feedback from the conference. WAY AWESOME that Zach is attending- I hope he gets blessed and encouraged by it. Hey! We need to hang out again soon! :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, that's awesome that your husband is involved in something like this. I did have to look it up to see what CCDA stood for and it's great!!!!! You'll have a nice girly time for sure which is good for the soul too. I'd like to know what girly movies you've picked.

Unknown said...

This made me laugh : ). I don't need to know what girly movies you got, but I do NEED to know what flavor of ice cream : )!