Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In 2004, I was finishing college and working as the 10:00 news producer for WBBJ, the small ABC affiliate in Jackson, TN. My news director approached me one day to tell me he had hired another young girl, fresh out of school, for a reporter position.


The day I met Anne Pressly, I instantly fell in love with her. She ended up moving a few doors down from me, in my my apartment complex. She was beautiful, fun, fresh, sassy, and bubbly. When I showed up at her apartment for the first time, it was decorated perfectly, in soft blue and white. She had the cutest dog, Clementine, who was equally as charming. I was fascinated with her style and energy. Anne instantly lit up a room when she walked through it.
Anne only stayed at WBBJ for a short time, before heading to KATV in Little Rock, where she has since rooted herself as a reporter. I was upset to lose her at WBBJ, but was so thrilled for her career.
Today, Anne needs our prayer. If you get a moment, pray for God's grace to shine through for this family. Anne, we're praying for you and thinking about you. I know God will wrap his arms around you, providing even more strength for you in this situation.

6 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh goodness. I am sorry to hear about this. When I clicked on the link I wasn't sure what I would find and assumed it would be about cancer. This is awful. My prayers are on their way!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

I am praying for her and for her family.

amanda said...

Liz - I had no idea you knew her. Please know that I am praying for her and you as well.

Thinking of you my friend !

The Linville Family said...

She graduated from my high school and we have all been praying endlessly the past days. We are getting information periodically and from what they know right now they are positive that it will be a long road, but they think that she will make a recovery, at least physically. I think the thing that we are all concentrating on right now is the emotional healing that she will have to face when she does wake up. Thanks for getting this out to more people and I will try to keep you updated when I find things out. Such a small world!

Laura Jo said...

I saw this on the news this morning and have had her on my mind the entire day. I had no idea you knew each other, will continue to pray.

lonelygirl89 said...

I read this a few days ago and I am sad to learn that she has died. I hope her killer gets caught and gets the justice they deserve.