Sunday, January 20, 2008

4 years...

Four years ago yesterday-- Zach and I had our first date (well- sort've first date). Zach and I had talked back and forth a few times leading up to that Monday night. We were both recently out of semi-serious relationships and weren't looking for anything too intense. We had a lot of the same friends, so we just wanted to get to know each other better. He had asked me to hang out with him several times, but it never seemed to happen until that night. I was working as a producer at WBBJ and got off work at 11:00. Zach wanted to take me out, but since it was so late, he came by my apartment and hung out with my roommates and me for awhile. We expected to hang out for about an hour, but once we started talking, we couldn't stop. We had so much more in common than we ever expected. We ended up talking and shooting pool until 5:00 in the morning. After that, we couldn't stay away from each other. It's been a lot of ups and downs, but four years later, we're married and happier than ever. I can truly say this man is one of the most amazing people I've ever met. I'm so grateful for each day God allows me to share with him. These are a couple of photographs taken during our first month together. So fun!

No comments: