Friday, January 11, 2008

Bring on the Rain...

Yesterday morning around 5:00 a.m., I woke up to the sound of thunder, lightning, and rain pounding our roof. I took a deep breath and snuggled up closer to my husband. It was one of those perfect moments.

Here's what I wasn't doing:

*trying to decide whether the weather was severe enough to break into programming.
*worrying if the lightning would interfere with our live shot.
*worrying if the Digital Storm Tracker would make it across the river
*obessing about why my "Storm Team Coverage: 6 Box" didn't make it on air
*answering calls from half of the Mid-South about the weather on their street
*answering calls from half of the Mid-South about why we cut into their favorite show
*having an intense discussion on whether the storm should be branded "breaking news."
*sending our photographers to capture every flooded street, downed tree, or power line they could find.

Ahhh.. the life of a "former" tv news producer.

One day I will probably begin to miss it... but not today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rub it in, why don't ya.

I'm just happy I stay warm and dry in those situations now!

Elizabeth said...

hee hee.. I had to write about it after reading your blog!

Jennifer said...

Funny! Maybe if our national news had more storms to cover we wouldn't have to listen to all the stuff on the primaries!!! Not that I want storms everywhere, but seriously the primaries have been covered since 2006...my goodness! Glad you were able to enjoy the rain!

Joanna said...

ha! love that! i just love reading your blog!