Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wonderful Husband

Yesterday was a very exciting day in the Wiggs household, but instead of putting all the attention on our new addition, I have to recognize my wonderful husband first. I have been sick all week long with some throat and sinus problems... which came at a very bad time since we were getting Bryant yesterday. But last night, Zach gave me the whole night off. He went and picked up Bryant and then spent most of the night keeping an eye on the two dogs, taking them outside, and feeding them. At one point, our cat got sick and threw up all over the floor and Zach took care of that too. I started to feel really bad, so I gave Bryant a much-needed bath... but the entire time Zach stood there telling me to relax and get some rest. I have a wonderfully compassionate husband and am SO blessed to have him by my side every day. He's a wonderful partner and teammate. He's also my best friend. Thanks, honey. I love you!

Ok.. to the dog. Bryant is a six-week-old golden retriever. He's absolutely adorable. He's a LOT more independent than Bear. Bear still doesn't feel comfortable leaving our side, but Bryant was running, playing, and inspecting the whole house by himself. He looked as if he felt completely at home. Bear was obviously really excited to have a new friend. He spent all night jumping on Bryant and trying to play with him-- probably a little too aggressively. Bryant didn't seem to like it too much, so Zach spent most of the night playing referee. But hopefully, as Bryant gets older, he'll get more used to Bear's hyper behavior. Of course, we took plenty of pictures.


Bryant trying to get some rest

Daddy with his two boys


Bryant after his first bath

4 comments:

Dan and Tami said...

Well, Bryant is a very cute puppy. I know he and Bear will have fun together. Love you guys.

Joanna said...

SO CUTE!!! Congrats on the newest addition! And way to go, Zach...being the great hubby!

Heather said...

Those dogs might be a handful, but gosh if they aren't the cutest little things - ever!!!

Sara said...

Bryant is so cute! I think they both need Alabama collars and leashes!!