Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Before Shot


Hopefully, there will be a incredibly stellar "after shot" later this summer. This is a shot I took of our garden this spring before ANY work was done on it. When Zach and I moved into this house a year and a half ago, I knew NOTHING about gardening... which kind of was a problem since this monstrosity of a garden came with our home. In fact, I knew so little about flowers that my grandmother had to come over and show me the difference between weeds and plants (I'm not kidding). It's been a little over a year, but now I'm actually enjoying myself! I'm not sure if I'm any good at it, but I'm having fun! I hate pulling weeds, but I love decorating the garden. So far, I've planted several annuals and am loving watching my perennials from last year grow. I've also planted a LOT of vegetables and fruits, so we'll see how those work out. I'm always open for suggestions if anyone has any advice!

This past weekend, I managed to catch a couple of cool shots while working in the garden. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I love the pictures of the flower and lady bug! I'm sure your garden will look great when you're done with it! I'm not good with plants either. I have more of a brown thumb than green. I'm with you, though. I hate pulling weeds but love making it look pretty. Lee and I are going to make a vegetable garden on the side of our house. Hopefully I won't kill all of them! We'll have to cook out this summer and eat all of our fruits and veggies!

Sara said...

I love the pics! Can't wait to see more!

Marksberry Family said...

Great pictures, as always!

Jennifer said...

You ought to upload those pictures from your garden to snapfish and make cards out of your photos. They would be really pretty!