Monday, July 7, 2008

76 and Fabulous!

Me and my girlfriends often talk about all the amazing women we know. We talk about women who embody holiness, strength, love, servanthood, and just plain awesomeness. In a nutshell, I believe my grandmother captures it all.

Today, Beulah Elizabeth Shackelford turned 76 years old. She showed up to her birthday party sporting a fabulous hot pink top with matching hot pink high heels. I told her tonight I think she is more active than most 20-somethings I know. This is just a small part of who this woman is. I've seen her survive so much pain and heartache and in the midst of it- still takes time to serve others. She knows how to mourn without becoming hard. She knows how to love unconditionally. She knows what it means to forgive and to practice grace. She has an extraordinary ability of bringing family together.

Grandma, I know I've told you this so many times before, but thank you for everything you do for our family. You have constant faith in all of us. As we both grow older, I enjoy our friendship more and more each day. I just hope to be able to take a small part in continuing the legacy you continue to leave behind for all of us. I love you!

After Grandma's party tonight, I did a mini-photoshoot with her in her fabulous garden!



7 comments:

Dan and Tami said...

Those are good pictures of Grandma. We wish we could have been there. We love you, Grandma, very much and wish you many more years.

Fred and Renee said...

It was a lot of fun last night. I am thankful for your Grandma not only for the reasons that you mentioned, but because of the way she and your Grandpa taught your daddy how to be a wonderful husband and father. Just another wonderful part of her legacy.

Jennifer said...

Those pictures are amazing!! She looks so pretty...as always!!

Brooke said...

There is NO WAY she is 76!
You go Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Even though I only met her once, I have to say that I love Beulah! Tell her I need to borrow that outfit sometime!

Anonymous said...

You're pictures are always so awesome!! What editing tools do you use? And your grandma is so beautiful!! :-)

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Great pictures...LOVE the hot pink heels!!!