Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jack + Clayton = Crazy Fun!

My nephews, Clayton and Jack, are staying with my parents (AKA: Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw) this week. On Tuesday, I was talking to Clayton on the phone and he said, "Elizabeth, when are you coming over to swim with us?"

I said, "Well, buddy, I have to work the rest of the day, but when I get done at work, we're all going to go to the park to take pictures."

He said, "I know."

Me: "Are you excited?"

Clayton: "Not really"

Me: "Why not?"

Clayton: "I don't like sitting still very much."

Turns out- he wasn't lying. :) But he and Jack did a wonderful job! I promised him we would spend an hour at the park playing and having fun. And that's exactly what we did. I know people always tell me when I have my own kids, it will produce a feeling of love that you've never experienced, but sometimes I'm not sure how I could love anyone more than I love my nieces and nephews. It was a pure joy to be able to photograph these two.

I'm still in the process of editing the pictures, but here are some I've fallen in love with so far.












8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's really cute..wish i had one too.

Fred and Renee said...

They are great!!I can't wait to see all of them.

Ashli said...

So cute!

Dan and Tami said...

Ah, so sweet! Jack looks about as big as Clayton in a lot of those pictures!

Dan and Tami said...

Ditto what Tami said. You do a fine job. You need to get over here and take pictures for us.

Sara said...

Those are really good pictures, Elizabeth!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Aweeee, these are just too precious. Especially the one where he's kissing his forehead. So sweet!!!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Seriously! When are you coming to Paris...I need to set up an appointment with you to do my boys pictures! These are wonderful!