Sunday, July 27, 2008

Clay, Emily, and Evelyne

Yesterday morning, I woke up and looked at the clock. "8:45." I jumped up, panicking because I was supposed to be meeting Clay, Emily and Evelyne for pictures at a park about 45 minutes away from my house at 9:00.

I immediately had Zach call Clay as I ran out the door. Luckily they were running late also. When I jumped in the car, I realized it was extremely muggy (probably the muggiest day of the year) outside AND was raining. Typically, I would have rescheduled, but Clay is leaving for Seattle on Monday and then Emily will move up there on Friday. This was our only shot.
We all agreed to do our best to fight out the rain. We would get out of the car for a few pictures while it was sprinkling, then when it came down harder- we'd all take off running for the car. We repeated this several times throughout the morning- but I believe our persistance paid off. We got some really great shots- and Ev made it easy, all smiles and laughter. She's so precious!

On a more sentimental note, I was so happy I had this opportunity to spend a morning with this amazing family before they start their new journey in the Northwest. Clay and Emily have had played such a crucial role in Zach and my marriage over the past few months. They are two of the most loving, thought-provoking, and honest people you'll ever meet. Seattle is very lucky to get them.

When I was driving home from our little photoshoot, I got stopped by a train. So, I decided to look through the pictures. Unexpectedly, I started crying watching Clay, Emily, and Ev together. My emotions even surprised me. You guys will definitely be missed. Thanks so much for this opportunity.







3 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

These are some of your best yet. I love them!!

Sara said...

These are really good, Elizabeth! The hard work fighting the rain really did pay off. :)

watson said...

Wow!!! What great photos! I think I'm feeling jealous that my family doesn't have pics like these!