Thursday, February 21, 2008

Buffalo Wings

Zach got to stay at home on Monday since banks are closed for President's Day. Since he was off work, he decided to do our grocery shopping for the week. He doesn't like to cook that much, so he came home with Bertolli's pre-made pasta, frozen buffalo wings ready to bake, and frozen pizza. I was excited since I was given a pass from cooking all week long!

Well, on Tuesday, Zach called and told me he was really craving those buffalo wings he bought. But when I took them out of the freezer to put them in the oven, I discovered he only bought the raw chicken wings. In his defense, the front of the bag was pretty deceptive with a big picture of a plate of wings. I also assumed the bag was filled with pre-breaded and pre-mixed hot wings.

I've never cooked buffalo wings in my life, but since Zach was craving them, I was up for the challenge. I pulled out our fry daddy for the second time since our wedding, deep fried the wings, and concocted a homeade bbq sauce. In the end, they turned out quite delicious! Zach and I were so impressed with our last-minute creation, that we had to take a picture.

1 comment:

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Wow! The fry daddy! You pulled out the big guns Elizabeth! Impressive!