Wednesday, February 6, 2008

After the storm...

I am part of a group on flickr.com that challenges you daily in photography. Every day the group presents a topic and you are asked to photograph something relating to that category. Yesterday's topic was "fort." This wasn't exactly the fort I had intended to make, but Zach and I decided this was necessary when we heard a tornado was headed straight for our small town.

In situations like this, I've learned all you can do is praise God for what he has given and pray for those affected by the things he has taken away. This morning, Zach and I are praising God for sparing our lives and home for at least one more day. We praise God for keeping everyone alive on the campus of Union University. We praise God for what is still standing after this tragic storm. Meanwhile, we're praying hard for those who are suffering. This morning, our hearts go out to the families of those killed here in Memphis, in Jackson and other parts of the south. We also pray for our friends and family at Union University. This school and its people have played a crucial role in shaping our lives. This morning, I can assure you our hearts are heavy.
You can click here for updates on Union's emergency.
Waiting out the storm
Warehouse destroyed in Memphis, courtesy: Commercial Appeal

Hickory Ridge Mall in Memphis, courtesy: Commercial Appeal

Union University, courtesy: The Jackson Sun

Union University, courtesy: The Jackson Sun

Union University, courtesy: The Jackson Sun


Union University, courtesy: The Jackson Sun

2 comments:

scrappin_gomer said...

I found your blog from Anne-Camille (we scrap together)... The town a couple of minutes away from me (Gassville) was hit hard also. I just wanted you to know that you are prayed for, and I do agree with you. God is so awesome, in the midst of this His hand is over us all.

Miranda Ables

Anne-Camille Collins said...

OMG. So glad that you are okay. When you see photos of a place you have actually STOOD it hits home in a very incredible way. This has been a day of recollection and meditation for me.

So glad y'all are okay.