Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl and Scrapbooking

Ok, I caved. My friend, Anne-Camille is pretty much a professional scrapbooker. She takes wonderful photographs of her family and friends and then preserves them creatively in scrapbooks. I've NEVER scrapbooked in my life, but after reading her persuasive notes, I've decided it would be a wonderful way to capture all of Sydney's moments with her dad. Right now, I'm a little overwhelmed. Zach and I took a trip to Archivers and there is SOOOO much scrapbooking stuff- it's insane! Not to mention- all the stuff I have to scrapbook. This is what my living room floor looked like when I got home. The second picture is my first (and only- so far) scrapbook page.


After a Sunday of scrapbooking, Zach and I headed to Tori and Lee's for a Superbowl party. This is pretty much the position the guys stayed in all night long... except, of course, when they were jumping up and down screaming at the end of the game. But seriously- a great night with a great game.




4 comments:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

Omigosh! I am so excited I can barely type! You are scrapbooking?!!!? SO GREAT!!! :)

First of all- you got AMAZING supplies. Wish I had started with the supplies you have!!! :) The glue dots will come in SO handy. Lovin' all the embellishments you got: flowers, rhinestones, chipboard... amazing!!!
Secondly- I wish my first page looked as well as yours! Terrific job!!! So excited for you! Just be warned... it's VERY addicting! :)

Tip: The best scrapbooking PAPER adhesive (not to use on photographs) that I have found is ZIP DRY. I use it in all my classes and have converted everyone I know. It takes a little getting used to but it'll hold FOREVER! Hope that helps you. Let me know if you have ANY questions! I'll help any way I can!

So excited over here!!!!

Anne-Camille Collins said...

Oh- and chalk and Elsie's ribbon (www.abeautifulmess.typepad.com)! OMG... forgot to mention those! You've got yourself a great stash!!!

Fred and Renee said...

Looks like ya'll had fun. It was a good game. I love the scrapbook page. The picture of Alison with Bryant is really cute. Mom

Sara said...

Your first scrapbook page is so cute! I am only 3 years behind on scrapbooking!