Tuesday, April 15, 2008

God's been doing a lot in my life over the past few months. I've been convicted of a lot of things as I learn what it really means to live for Christ. A few of the things God's teaching me: serving others, practicing patience, having a gentle spirit, making prayerful decisions, and lastly- HEALTH. A few days ago my friend, Mandy, and I made a deal that we are going to whip ourselves into shape. I've realized that our bodies are special because they belong to God, and if we're going to be obedient to him, then we need to be taking care of ourselves. Mandy and I are going to run a 5K the first week of June and then are going to keep training in hopes of being able to run a half marathon. Last night, I ran my first "outside" mile. Outside is a LOT different than the treadmill. I couldn't believe how horrible of shape I am in! But we're taking it one day at a time. I found this REALLY awesome website for anyone who is a runner and lives near the Memphis area. It pretty much lists every running event available in the city. You can check it our here. Also, if anyone has any training tips (what to eat, what not to eat, how to pace yourself, etc.) I could really use it. Also- I'm always looking for good music to run to! If you have any favorites (my personal favorites right now are 'Family Affair' by Mary J. Blige and 'Survivor' by Destiny's Child- old school, I know!!) please pass them my way!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I just sent you a long email on running/training tips and music! Good luck!

angier said...

Hey girlie. I used to run to Nellie Furtado's CD "Loose". It always kept me going. :)

Nicki and Don said...

Way to go with the running. I am proud of you! I tried getting into running last year. I really want to love it, but i HATE it! I do want to run the country music half marathon though, maybe next year.
KEEP IT UP!!