Friday, April 11, 2008

Stamped and Ready to Go...

My sister, Tori had the wonderful idea of throwing my sister-in-law, Tami a baby shower from overseas! Tami is expecting her first girl this summer!! We're all extremely excited, but since Tami has never had a girl before, she needs lots of stuff. And since she's new to Central Asia, there probably won't be many women there to throw her a shower. That's where we come in!! My Mom is going to visit Tami in June. So, we're going to try to collect stuff for Tami here in Memphis and then Mom will take them to Tami. Tami is going to try to open them live on Skype. If they can't figure out how to do that, they'll videotape the shower and Tami and Dan will post the shower on their blog! I'm SOOO excited, it should be SO much fun!

I created this invitation and am planning on putting them in the mail today or tomorrow. I am only mailing them to the few addresses I had, but anyone is welcome to send a gift. If you want to send a gift for Tami's shower, just give it to my Mom or mail it to Renee Shackelford at 6837 Stornaway Memphis, TN 38119. I'm giving everyone a couple of months notice in case you're mailing it from far away.

Thanks!! I'm so excited about this. Oh yeah, in case you haven't noticed, this isn't a secret, but I'm just hoping Tami won't be mad at me for posting it on my blog. :) She's so cute and modest. She didn't want to do this, because she didn't want anyone to feel obligated to send her anything. But we ignored her and are doing this anyway. It should be lots of fun!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

That is an awesome idea. So cute!
You need to call me BTW.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I like reading your blog as I have just started my own for one of the main purposes to post recipes. Cooking is one of my passions. Feel free to visit mine and check out recipes. I just started but plan to post almost all of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I think you meant to say "tickled" not "tinkled"

Dan and Tami said...

Hey, I love the invitation. We're excited on this end. And tickled, tinkled, either way. Pregnancy does fill the bladder. Well, hope you're doing well. Thanks for putting that together.

Elizabeth said...

Wow. Thanks guys. I didn't even notice the "tinkled"-- even after about a MILLION proof reads from several different people! I've fixed the one on the blog, but the ones in the mail are still wrong! Thanks though!! I appreciate it!!