Friday, April 11, 2008

New Recipe

This morning, my friend, Faith posted a new recipe on her blog. I LOVE to cook, so I enjoy new recipes. I'm not sure why, but it has never occured to me to post recipes I love on my blog. So, this is my first recipe post. My sister in law, Jennifer (who is also an amazing cook) emailed me an amazing list of about 1000 recipes. It includes the secret recipes for all the best dishes from almost any chain restaurant. Last night, I made Macoroni Grill's Pasta Di Pollo Al Sugo Bianco for Zach and his friend, David. Macoroni Grill doesn't make this dish anymore, but it used to be my absolute favorite. I was so excited when I found this! It's not too difficult and was REALLY good.

By the way, if you are interested in the list of recipes, leave me a comment or send me an email (with your email address) and I will email you the file.

Asiago Sauce:
4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon paste or dried chicken base (the grocery store I went to didn't carry chicken base, so I left this out. I couldn't tell a difference)
1 1/4 cups asiago cheese
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 ounces water


Pasta:
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup red onions, diced
1/2 cup pancetta, (Italian smoked bacon) drained and chopped- (I used regular bacon here)
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
3/4 cup green onions, tops only
3/4 pound sliced grilled chicken
2 pounds farfalle, (bow−tie pasta) cooked
8 ounces heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon chopped parsley

**I added pine nuts and mushrooms to the pasta I made. I think it was much better that way!!

To make the sauce: Heat cream to very hot and just bubbly (but not a boil).
Add chicken base and cheese. Stir constantly with a wire whisk and bring
temperature back to just bubbly. Dissolve cornstarch in the cold water and
add to sauce. Bring to a slow simmer to cook out starch. Transfer sauce to a
container, cover and refrigerate until needed.
To make the pasta dish:
Saute red onion, mushrooms and pine nuts in butter for a few seconds then add pancetta and garlic.
Add chicken, green onions and pasta. Deglaze the pan with the cream. Add
asiago cream sauce. Heat thoroughly. Garnish with parsley and serve.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to send those recipes from Jennifer my way!!!:)

Marksberry Family said...

I love collecting new recipes! You can send that file to sjmarksberry@gmail.com. This will more than double the number that I have (I am just starting). Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i would also love some recipes! ashleymcheong@yahoo.com

i am so excited! thank Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE recipes!