Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thanks, Dr. Oz

I woke up Friday morning feeling pretty cruddy, and by Saturday I had a fever. The doctor says I have an upper respiratory infection, and I just need to wait it out. But the thing that was bothering me the most were my sinuses. About a year and a half ago, my grandmother tried this thing called the Neti Pot, and she swore it was the best thing she ever tried to get rid of a cold. A couple of months ago, Dr. Oz presented the Neti Pot on Oprah, and even had this woman come up on stage to demonstrate how it was used.

It works by filling the genie-looking bottle with a saline solution (provided in the box) mixed with water. You stick it in one nostril and literally pour it through your sinus cavity out the other nostril.

My friend, Mandy, came over to the house on Saturday, and since I was feeling all stopped up, I got her to help me with the neti pot. It was my first time to use it, but I think it is pretty incredible. I used it twice a day for three days and I am almost back to normal! It is probably the best thing I've ever tried. It works for allergies, sinus infections, or almost any other type of sinus problems.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That thing really does work. It was funny watching my wife seem as if she was performing a magic trick but it made her feel better so I loved it! This is Zach by the way.

Love ya babe.

Nicki and Don said...

I want to see a pic of you using it!! So glad you are feeling better!

Jennifer said...

I don't think that would work for me. I was gagging just reading the blog!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're feeling better! I might have to try mine sometime soon. My allergies are starting to bother me even with taking my Allegra every morning!

angier said...

Don't ya just love Doc Oz?? Where do you get those things anyway?

Dan and Tami said...

Nevermind, I didn't see this before I posted on your other entry. Hey, Zeke and I were watching your old video from Skype and he was laughing and sticking out his tongue when you did, which is good b/c he's been a little sick lately. Anyway, it made me miss you, so I just wanted to write and say I love you. Have a good day.

Dan

Heather said...

Okay - I had never heard of the neti pot until Elizabeth wrote this blog, but I have severe allergy / sinus problems, take allegra and everything else ... I tried the neti pot this weekend and IT WORKS. Seriously! Best invention ever!!!!!!!!! I feel the best I have felt in over a month!

-HB