Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rainy Thursday...

I'm having one of those days where I REALLY miss Sydney. Normally, I can channel it because I know I'm going to get to see her soon, but this weekend, Zach is going to visit her and I'm staying here in Memphis. My sister is giving a speech on Sunday and I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world. It is actually a good thing because Zach and Syd could use some Daddy/Daughter time alone, but selfishly, I miss her.
On a brighter, more fun note, I've been digging through old photos of my family. I had this bright idea that I would organize all Mom's photos for Mother's Day. I stole all her pictures and got to organizing, only to find out that she has THOUSANDS of pictures that I have NO CLUE what to do with. I finally gave up on the project, but am having a blast looking through all the pictures. A few that really stood out to me were the ones of my Mom and Dad from their teenage years. I love pictures like that. I always wonder what they were like back then, or how much they've grown as a couple over the past 35-40 years. It makes me wonder where Zach and I will be on our 30th wedding anniversary. PLUS, it's really fun to see how silly my dad looked!! Does anyone else think he looks like the biggest punk ever? Hee hee! There are PLENTY more old family pictures. I'll be sure to post more later.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Those pictures are so much fun! My parents were always terrible at taking pics consider yourself lucky you have all those.

Heather said...

ELIZABETH!!!!! Or should I say - Fred & Renee (!!!) - these pictures are SO cute :) I loooove them ... post more soon!

Sara said...

Fun pics! I organized our pics that were in shoe boxes one summer for my mom. It took me forever!! Probably only a week, but it seemed like forever because that is all I did that week.
See you Sunday!!!

Fred and Renee said...

OK - so really!!!!???? Some things are better left unseen. The thing is that we were babies, but it really seems like yesterday. I still feel like that girl inside even though I don't look much like her anymore.

Jennifer said...

Does anyone else see Tori and Dan instead of Fred and Renee?!? Those are wild!

Dan and Tami said...

I see Bubba Haley! But, Dan sees himself :)